Travel Book Manuscript Critique
Update – I’m not taking on new clients at the moment. Please join my Genius Loci newsletter to get notified when I’m available again.
Do you have a solid draft of a travel book or memoir? Get detailed, substantive feedback on your completed manuscript.
Don’t have a draft manuscript yet? Consider my travel book concept critique.
How it works
- Send me an email ([email protected]) with the following information:
- Your first and last name
- Your manuscript draft in MS Word format
- A full description of your travel book idea
- Your background as a writer
- What major doubts, concerns, or sticking-points you have or envision
- What main questions you have
- I’ll send you an invoice and a contract with a due date if I think I can help with your manuscript
- After you pay, I’ll begin working and complete the project by the due date (noted on the invoice)
- We will schedule a time to talk via Skype or Zoom about your project for one hour
What you get
- A substantive edit (sometimes called a developmental edit) using the track changes feature in MS Word
- I’ll focus on the big picture: organization, structure, pacing, voice, story, clarity, depth, etc.
- A 1-page or more critique or assessment of your project
- A 1-hour post-review meeting via Skype or Zoom
- A clear plan for improvement
What you won’t get
- An evaluation of the market worthiness of your manuscript
- Proofreading, copy editing, or a line edit (though, I may mark issues as I see them)
.025¢ per word
Contact me if you have any questions.